From Bullets to Jewelry - The Ultimate in Upcycling

I Will Not Complain!
From this day forward, I will not whine nor will I utter a word of complaint when I run out of sterling silver or copper or even beads when I'm making jewelry. I will not get sad when I've broken my last jeweler's saw blade. I will not complain at all. Why, you ask?


I just read a CNN.COM article and saw a slideshow about a teenager in Ghana who makes jewelry out of bullets.... yes, bullets. She creates the ultimate upcycled jewelry, taking what she finds... which happens to be spent shell casings, and she crafts wonderful jewelry apparently collected and worn by folks like Angelina Jolie and Hallie Berry.

Lovetta Conto is a native of Liberia who fled her country due to civil war and spent her formative years in a Ghana refugee camp with 47000 other refugees..... It seems the only thing easy to come by in Lovetta's life was bullets. You gotta love the spirit of taking lemons and making lemonade.... or should I say taking bullets and making jewelry..... and I promise I will never complain again.... not about jewelry supplies anyway.

Comments

Popular Posts