My Thoughts on Not Not Making Jewelry





I do a lot of not making jewelry

I write. I play games. I walk. I read. I teach jewelry making. Walking helps keep me young. Writing and teaching jewelry techniques helps pay the bills, so I have a lot of excuses for everything... except for the video games.....

Should I give up online video games to make more jewelry?
Well I get nothing whatsoever when I finish the Michael Jackson Stadium in Nice People Village in Cityville. I've earned millions in illicit fake cash in Mafia Wars, but it won't buy anything but illicit fake weapons. Bejeweled Blitz.... nothing. I admit video games are a waste of time, but so much fun.

I'm not going to stop, but I will cut back. Forgive me if I don't respond to your war request right away. I'll be making jewelry.

Reading is a good thing right?

I love to read, but I can't hold pliers and a book at the same time. If I'm going to make more jewelry, I'll have to let the books go.

No problem. I just found out I can download audio books free from my local library. They have great downloadable literature: Dickens and Tolstoy; but of course "Twilight" was my first choice. I'm halfway through it. All that dark teen romance is somehow jewelry-making-motivational

I'm going to do better ... Really!
For over a year now I've been doing a lot of not making jewelry, so I'm determined to do better.
-I'm going to break down and buy a sheet of sterling silver.... even if it cleans out my Paypal account.  
-I'm going to cut metal with my jeweler's saw until I've broken every blade... Then I'll buy a gross more.
-I'm going to whip out my blow torch and solder something.
-I'm going to bend and twist and coil wire until my fingers hurt.
-I'm going to fill my Etsy store... no excuses.

Next Year
Of course, some of this may be done in the name of New Year's Resolutions. Yes, once again I'll be putting my jewelry making off... until next year. You can keep me motivated, though.

Just email me at TheNiceLady@Love.com and tell me not to not make jewelry. I promise I'll stop... or start... whichever.

Lots of Jewelry Making Love
Carol, The Nice Lady








Comments

Popular Posts